About the role
The role of the Forensic Investigation & Risk Management Consultant has two primary functions, firstly to coordinate and oversee forensic investigation services provided by external providers; these services impact claims management when fraud is considered likely or need to be excluded. Secondly, to oversee and coordinate internal risk management activities, primarily running the incident management process to ensure the closure and repatriation of issues identified.
- Create and sustain a service culture that delivers high quality, efficient and effective forensic investigation services from the perspective of Claims while balancing the interests of our customers
- The consultant is required to ensure engagement of professional panel of investigators who provide factual interviews and surveillance utilising industry best practice whilst considering ethical, privacy and legal implications for customers, the business and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with requirements pursuant to the Corporations Act and AMP’s financial services license (AFSL)
- Review files where fraud or fraudulent non-disclosure are suspected and assisting with identifying and managing potential and actual fraudulent claims, develop and recommend appropriate intervention strategies to achieve optimum claims settlement outcomes
- Maintain precise records on cost of investigations, types of investigations conducted and savings resulting from investigations
- Act as the point of reference for Claims for investigation issues and to provide training to assessors to increase the awareness of fraudulent, while assisting to implement strategies that will have an impact on the claims management of identified claims
Skills & experience
- Ability to interpret and analyse information to determine issues, trends and emerging risks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload, to ensure work is completed within agreed timeframes
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in previous Forensic Investigations and/or First Line Risk Management is preferred Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?