About the role
The primary purpose of the Customer Engagement Consultant is to make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to existing customers of AMP for the purpose of engagement, relationship building, education and retention. The specialist role is to interact with the customer using appropriate techniques which comply with a general advice (or no advice) model. The successful candidate should be able to communicate the features and benefits of AMP products in an engaging manner which will support the engagement, growth and retention of these customers.
Availability: To be able to work on a rotating roster between 9am-6pm.
Skills and Experience
- Previous Customer Service Consultant or Contact Centre experience (minimum 12 months preferred)
- Relevant superannuation financial services industry experience required
- Excellent telephone, written and oral communication skills
- Passion for the customer and ability to demonstrate active listening skills
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships with excellent people skills
- Decision-making ability as well as complaint & conflict resolution/objection handling skills, strong team ethic
- Good negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to think laterally, successful time management
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn and use new systems quickly
- Accuracy and attention to detail, problem solving skills.
- RG146 certification / Diploma in Financial Planning
- Finance/commerce degree (preferred)
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?