About the role
Due to growth AMP currently has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager, Risk and Compliance to join our Wealth Solutions and Customer Division. The key purpose of this Line 1 risk role is to proactively work with the Superannuation, Retirements and Investments (SRI) business and to improve the risk culture / awareness and the overall risk and control environment.
Key objectives of this role include:
- Develop strong and trusted working relationships with the business to improve risk culture / awareness;
- Risk and Control identification and assessment (including process mapping, risk profiling and control testing)
- Actively manage and monitor incidents (includes - root cause analysis, action plan/rectification, preparing breach letters for regulators etc);
- Work with group compliance and Line 2 (ERM) teams to ensure that all relevant regulatory obligations (SIS Act, Corps Act etc) that SRI needs to comply with have been identified and that correct controls have been aligned to each obligation, and
- Be a 1st line risk partner on strategic projects / initiatives. Help evaluate business cases for key projects / initiatives to ensure that all risks are identified and adequately discussed and addressed.
Your skills & experiences
- 4 to 6 years experience in Risk & Compliance and/or Audit within Wealth Management Industry (Superannuation and/or Funds Management);
- Excellent experience in Risk and Control identification and assessment (including process mapping, risk profiling, control testing etc);
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interrelationship skills
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills and proven ability in developing trusted relationships;
- Degree qualified in Commerce or Business plus post tertiary qualifications, e.g. CPA.
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?
Ref: Please include your initial and job number (i.e. CP595687)