About the role
AMP currently has an exciting opportunity for a driven Business Development Manager to join our Retail Sales team in Melbourne. This vacancy reports to our State Manager - Insurance (Vic/Tas) within our Customer Solutions division.
Key objectives of this role include:
- Drive the sale of AMP’s risk insurance products and solutions to financial advisers;
- Partner with specialist BDMs to identify commercial opportunities for the distribution of Platform, Corporate Super, Bank and SMSF products and solutions;
- Drive customer back insights through the understanding and championing of the AMP’s products;
- Be the conduit for customer and intermediary feedback to assist in driving new business and retaining existing clients.
Skills & experience
- Demonstrable track record in outperformance of sales targets including extensive experience in sales of financial services and products
- Thorough knowledge of the financial services marketplace, risk insurance products and strategies and a good understanding of the Planner networks
- Able to work well autonomously and as a part of a wider channels team
- Excellent stakeholder/customer relationship management and retention skills
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?
Ref: Please include your initial and job number (i.e. CP595687)