About the role
In this role, you will lead a small team of IT software developers ensuring that the services delivered by IT@AMP meet the ongoing needs of the business teams in AMP Capital.
The successful applicant will be hands-on with code and solution design and will have previous team lead experience in an Australian asset manager and be very comfortable being in a business facing technical role.
You will be highly motivated, have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and work with key stakeholders and product owners to drive delivery.
Experience and knowledge of the Funds Management industry is essential to succeed in this role.
- Lead and manage a team of diverse skills, capabilities and experience enabling them to meet business strategies and goals.
- Coach, develop and motivate your team to deliver effective business solutions to key stakeholders within the business.
- Strong solutions design experience in the asset management space
- Run stand-ups and sprint retrospectives.
- Ensuring user stories are ready for sprints and are completed to a high quality
- Assist with backlog grooming and estimation
- Full Stack development using Angular 2+/.net/Web API/SQL Server/REST/No SQL DB/ (Mongo)
- System Integration via API and ETL processes.
Skills & experience
- 5-10+ years .net C# development experience (full-stack)
- Strong experience with HTML5/CSS/Bootstrap
- Experience with No SQL DBs (Mongo DB Highly Regarded)
- Experience with traditional SQL MSSQL & SSIS ETL’s
- Experience with Agile/TDD/BDD/SpecFlow,
- Experience with DevOps/CI/CD/automation
- Asset management experience highly regarded
- Exposure to any of the following EaglePace, Charles River, StatPro, Barra, Blackrock Aladdin or Imagine is highly advantageous.
- Experienced in managing small teams preferred
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, social club, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.