- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- We value Diversity
Senior Actuary Wealth Protection Valuation
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Deputy Chief Actuary, Valuations and Delivery with the primary end to end responsibility for the valuation of the Wealth Protection business.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- End-to-end experience delivering and communicating monthly reporting of profits, embedded values, value of new business, including analysis of variances to plan and analysis of change by source.
- Deliver policy liabilities, embedded values, and shareholder capital requirements as disclosed in Half Yearly Investor Reports, Statutory / Life Act reports, and financial condition investigations required by the Life Act, AMP Life Board and the Group Actuary
- Analysis, advice and insights that will be delivered to the Insurance Leadership Team and executive through the Finance Business Partner
- Development of enhanced experience investigation infrastructure, protocols, processes and linkage with monthly reporting to provide comprehensive integrated analysis, advice and insight
- Development of improved data solutions and tools to streamline current data analysis, while fostering consistency and synergies with the data analytics capability.
With your FIAA/FIA qualifications what we also look for in you is:
- Ideally at least 2 years post qualification experience in a broad range of roles
- Experience in the Insurance industry, specifically the Retail and Group Life and Disability markets
- Strong understanding of the actuarial aspect of Life Insurance Act 1995, APRA Prudential Standards and related regulations.
- Strong understanding of the products and systems within the AMP Group is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in managing pieces of work to required deadlines and reviewing deliverables
- Stakeholder management, concise and clear communication style including positive influencing ability
- Ability to see the “big picture” but not losing the importance of attention to detail and quality output
- Commercial acumen with strong technical skills both resulting in logical solutions to new problems.
- Experience in the use of Prophet
Our Business Unit
Our Wealth Protection team is accountable for the delivery of following key financial reporting items for the Wealth Protection business
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036