Job no: 599359
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Information Technology
The objective of the Pricing Engine project is to introduce a single pricing engine that allows more frequent, efficient and sophisticated pricing updates that generate tailored price offers across the suite of Insurance products. A Senior Business Analyst is required to work with the Lead Business Analyst and be responsible for the development of business requirements for the design and integration of the engine into the existing AMP environment.
- Delivery of AS IS/Target state business process maps
- Delivery of Business & Functional Requirements or Epics/User stories
- Engaging business stakeholders & subject matter experts in the business as part of requirements elicitation and throughout design and delivery
- Planning & Facilitating workshops to project stakeholders, project team, IT and vendors throughout requirements elicitation and delivery
- Working with solution architect, systems analysts (vendor/internal) to support the design of the pricing engine and integration elements
- Actively contributing to the raising & management of Risks & Issues that will affect the quality of the business outcome
- Supporting the lead BA in analysis planning activities including BA effort estimation, scheduling, scope management and prioritisation
- Actively participating in the team daily team standups and scrum meetings as required
- Supporting the broader project team, change management, testing, developers throughout the delivery and implementation
- Coaching business SMEs and junior BAs in analysis activities and BA methodology/best practice
- Supporting business SMEs as part of User Acceptance testing and Production go-live activities
To be successful for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong Business Analysis skills gained through 5+ years experience working on medium-large projects in the Financial services and/or Insurance Industry.
- Demonstrated experienced working on business projects as well as complex IT implementation and are comfortable working with a waterfall or Agile delivery approach
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally. You know when to adapt your communication style to suit the situation and have proven experience in creating/presenting clear & concise presentations, facilitating workshops and working groups.
- Ability to work well under pressure by planning and prioritise your work effectively and taking into account any changes that might arise throughout delivery.
- You aren’t afraid of a challenge. You enjoy working on projects that have levels of business and/or technical complexity and where you are a key contributor to understanding the problem and determining the right solution for the business.
- You are a team player who wants to own their own stream of work but enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and proactively seek ways to contribute to the team.
- You’re passionate about Business Analysis and you’re looking for a role in an organisation that values your extensive skills, will help you develop new ones, and will provide a career path to becoming a Lead BA / Principal BA.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend