About the role
AMP Banking is a retail bank, with a focus on providing retail deposit accounts, residential mortgage products and services and other consumer value add services that support and compliment AMP's businesses. The Bank distributes directly to retail customers and through Brokers and Planners. The Credit team is responsible for managing the credit policy for all AMP Bank products and services, ensuring exposure to risk is within acceptable guidelines relating to the collection of arrears.
- Conducting inbound and outbound calls, generating letters and making required notes on the system.
- Educating and working with the customer, developing solutions that are in accordance with policy and supporting the customer during this stressful period.
- Responding to and assessing requests for financial hardship assistance
- Ensuring that individual and department key performance indicators are achieved
- Instructing solicitors and managing this process as required in accordance with policy
- Working with third party stakeholders (LMI, valuers etc) as required to minimise costs
- Assisting in developing appropriate strategies to minimise arrears levels
Skills & experience
- Minimum 3 years customer service experience in banking and finance
- Relationship management experience
- Knowledge of mortgage and bank products and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Code of Banking Practice and Privacy Act
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Hardship exposure ideal but not essential.
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?