About the role
AMP’s Project Management Practice facilitate the execution of AMP's strategic change agenda through the successful delivery of projects, utilising the AMP Solution Innovation framework.
Portfolio Managers are an important part of the Project Management Practice and will need to contribute to capability improvements, lead, inspire and promote team culture within the Practice and Projects, and are considered role models of AMP Behaviours.
The Portfolio Manager will manage business outcomes for projects and align portfolio and project delivery to those outcomes. The role will own delivery and manage the project managers including training, development plans and management of permanent/contingent ratios.
This role will manage Portfolio reporting, the Portfolio steering committee and ensure each project is set up for success in budgeting, resourcing and IT Release schedules as required.
As a leader in this role you will instil a vision for the portfolio, creating a motivating environment and building a team culture with focus on ownership, delivery and collaboration across business and IT.
Skills & experience
- Ability to manage multiple outcomes at once and establish effective Portfolio governance and controls to deliver quality outcomes
- Demonstrable experience in end to end delivery across the delivery cycle, leveraging matrixed and distributed teams of up to thirty resources
- Ability to interact with executive and senior management in large corporate environments with proven record of accomplishment managing projects dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate hands on delivery driving strategic execution
- 12+ years experience in end to end management of large complex programmes (business and IT) within Financial Services (however experience in other domains will also be considered).
- Budget Management experience of $30-$50 million
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?