In our financial advice business, we’re responding to rapidly changing community expectations. Everywhere, we’re making bold changes, to better know, understand, serve and help our customers, and to do it superbly. We know we aren’t the only organisation with a strategy like this. But our proud heritage, our brand, our business partnerships and our people set us apart.
- Play an important part in changing the way we deliver financial advice to our customers
- Diverse, team based role, working with a friendly, fast paced and collaborative team
- 12 month fixed term contract role based at Circular Quay, Sydney
About the role
Management of Regulatory Responses – ensuring quality of response in the required timeframes.
Business Unit summary
Legal and Governance (L&G) forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines, through the AMP Legal teams, Group Secretariat and Trustee Services, and the management of outside legal counsel.
The Regulatory Engagement team is responsible for Managing Notice responses and Requests for information from our regulators on behalf of AMP, this includes engaging the right stakeholders and ensuring compliance to process, policy & timelines in relation to relevant Notices.
- Regulatory Notices and Requests for Information – End to End project management of the Responses on behalf of AMP
- Working collaboratively with Regulatory Engagement team members, data owners, stakeholders, where required, to ensure a complete, accurate, quality, verified, signed off response is provided to the regulator as per the timeframes required
- Running regular working/communication sessions with relevant stakeholders
Raising issues, questioning outliers as they arise, working them through to resolution with appropriate stakeholders
Role specific capabilities
- Excellent communication, presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Confidence in dealing with business executives.
- Excellent organisational, administrative and planning skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with the ability to recognise and understand patterns, trends and connections between situations both internal and external to area of expertise and the business.
- Persuasive & adaptive negotiating/influencing skills to gain support/agreement to an idea or concept.
- Ability to manage at all levels of the organisation, across multiple business units, to ensure stakeholder engagement, input and involvement
- Practical knowledge of compliance and risk management practice in a corporate context.
- Demonstrated ability in profiling and providing insight on key risk issues.
- Capacity to understand, apply and balance statutory, regulatory and commercial requirements within the Financial Services industry.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills to secure relevant information, identify key issues and cause-effect relationships and apply experience and judgement to make sound and timely decisions which add value to the business.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years practical experience in a compliance, regulatory or legal function in the Financial Services industry
- End to End Project Management of Regulator Notices in the Financial Services sector
- Proficiency using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and other IT applications with an aptitude to develop further computer skills as required
- Knowledge of document management principles and practices ideal
- Experience working in a Legal & Governance role is a plus
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.