- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- We value Diversity
About the role
Reporting to and supporting the Head of Corporate Actuarial where the focus for you will be in the delivery of key consolidated actuarial reporting and advice across the business line portfolios.
More specifically your role will involve but not limited to:
- Production and/or co-ordination across portfolios of inputs to key actuarial outputs for the Life Company, including the Financial Condition Report, Value of New Business and Embedded Value reporting and Quarterly Risk Reports for monthly, half yearly and annual reporting, including inputs to Investor Reports.
- Assisting with the production and review of financial risk analysis
- Assisting and supporting the delivery of the Appointed Actuary Advice for product and pricing changes
- Co-ordination of Actuarial planning inputs across business line portfolios
- Production and management of cross portfolio reporting for the Insurance Group Executive and their Leadership team.
- Production of Board papers on actuarial issues for the Life Board, and input to other Board papers as required
- Your career ambition is to work in the Actuarial Environment
- You are working towards completion of actuarial studies
- You might have at least 1 year (level 3) to 5 years (level 4) industry experience that would be well regarded by us
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You use your technical skills and your ability to develop logical solutions to new problems.
- You have a good understanding of actuarial principles, standards, processes, and operations
- You can manage pieces of work that require deadlines and reviewing deliverables.
- You have proven ability that you can work proactively with a strong use of initiative.
- You have a strong technical ability in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Our Business Unit
The Corporate Actuarial team is part of the broader Group Actuarial team. This team is responsible for various actuarial functions including Actuarial Delivery, Financial Risk Management, Product and Insurance Risk management and Projects is made up of actuaries with a broad range of work experience and skills.
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
For more information regarding this role please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036