Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
About the role
Reporting to the Portfolio Services Manager, your main responsibilities will be in supporting AMP by ensuring a portfolio ecosystem exists that manages and mitigates strategic, operations and project risks including delivery of business line road-maps and key governance forums such as the Funding Submission Review and Investment Committee.
Apart from ensuring that capital investment in projects is clearly alighted to strategy, it also tracks and manages the project spent. Working closely with the Portfolio Manager, the Analysts focus will be in the alignment of the strategic initiatives with a strong customer focus in the annual project Prioritisation planning cycle.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Portfolio Manager, APO and Projects Managers
- Provision of reporting and analytics and support the Governance and FSR processes eg. Portfolio Investments Committees, GLT and Steering Committee
- Provide management, support and coaching for Project Co-ordinators assigned to Projects.
- Review and raise awareness of the cumulative change impacts of multiple projects across the portfolio as well as dependency impacts of multiple project across portion
- Provision of portfolio financial tracking and analytics across the portfolio, reviewing data quality and issues or gaps.
- Initiate and maintain portfolio scheduling and milestone reporting
- Provision of Rigorous Project Management (RPM) support across the portfolio business and stakeholders
- Initiate and maintain controls including Risks, Issues and Change Controls
Apart from being results driven, collaborative and excellent communicator we also look for:
- Demonstrated leadership experience – leadership and direction of major transformation/business portfolio/enterprise PMO or program delivery function.
- Ideally a least 7 years end-to-end complex Project/Program PMO Experience with at least 10 years’ general business experience other relevant industry experience
- Deep knowledge of Portfolio Management principles, approaches, techniques and tools
- Results delivery in a large and or complex scale change
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels of the organisation
- Interpersonal skills and influencing skills
- Abstract and conceptual reason and problem solving ability
- Flexibility and resilience
- Solid Project and Program delivery
- IT or Business degree or equivalent experience
About the team
The Projects@AMP Portfolio Analyst function provides governance, reporting and delivery support for AMP's enterprise suite of projects to ensure the money AMP invests in projects deliver the best outcomes for customers and shareholders. The role works in partnership with AMP Portfolio Office (APO), the Finance team, including the Head of Portfolio Finance & Benefits Governance, to provide an Enterprise PMO capability for AMP.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
For more information or to obtain a detailed Job Description regarding this role please contact Aimee Smith at Aimee_Smith@amp.com.au