- AMP values career development
- Use you Allied health background to join corporate environment
- Develop different skillsets
About the role
You have the passion for helping and listening to people in their time of need. You’re empathetic to their problems, and you find great satisfaction in being part of their solution.
If you are looking for an opportunity to stretch your expertise and become a specialist in your field, or change in your career direction then our role as a Case Manager is ideal.
You'll highlight and grow your expertise as you deliver:
- Holistic review and end-to-end management of cases, incorporating all available information, assessing against terms and conditions of the policy, with a focus on identifying and driving personalised outcomes for each customer.
- Proactive communication with the customer to evaluate their history, medical treatment, level of function and abilities, social network; uncover all biopsychosocial influencing factors potentially impacting the claim; understand the customer's needs and expectations of appropriate work accommodations to facilitate RTW
- Active communication with the employer to gather information on occupational demands and duties
- Collaborative partnerships with healthcare providers to exchange information around occupational details
- Developed tailored case management plans by formulating evidence based strategies for managing the case toward the optimal claim outcome
Apart from having a genuine, compassionate and an outstanding customer focus what we also look for is:
- Ideally at least 18 months’ claims assessment or case management experience from worker’s compensation, CTP or similar insurance
- Exceptional and empathetic ability in managing sensitive conversations, putting yourself in our customer’s circumstances and reaching mutual beneficial outcomes.
- Broad knowledge of one or more specialty areas including medical, financial, legal, investigations, occupational and rehabilitation
- Experience in strategically assessing medical/ disability claims and advising on RTW strategies
- Strong commercial acumen; always looking for win/win strategies balancing business outcomes with the customer experience
- A robust decision making ability – applying a strategic and analytical lens to decisions
- An understanding of the risk insurance market and associated products will be a benefit
An allied health background combined with good insurance experience will be highly regarded
An appropriate qualification in Case Management, Insurance, Medicine or an Allied Health field will be advantageous
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Please apply directly today via SEEK, LinkedIn or the AMP websites careers page.