- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- We value Diversity
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
About the role
With your Insurance industry background, specifically the Retail and Group Life and Disability including your know how working with large and complex data sets, your focus will be to provide Head of Investigations and Understandings team with analysis and insights on key portfolios within the AMP Business.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- End-to-end experience investigations, recommending best estimate assumptions and capital margins
- Analysis, advice and insights that will be delivered to the Insurance Leadership Team (ILT), their direct reports and executives in order to drive business performance
- Development of enhanced experience investigation infrastructure, protocols, processes and linkage with monthly reporting to provide comprehensive integrated analysis, advice and insight
- Development of improved data solutions and tools to streamline current data analysis, while fostering consistency and synergies with the data analytics capability
- Providing guidance to analysts and recently qualified actuaries within the Investigations and Insights team
With your FIAA/FIA qualifications what we also look for in you is:
- Ideally at least 5 years post qualification experience in a broad range of roles
- Experience in the Insurance industry, specifically the Retail and Group Life and Disability markets
- Experience in managing pieces of work to required deadlines and reviewing deliverables
- Stakeholder management, concise and clear communication style including positive influencing ability
- Ability to see the “big picture” but not losing the importance of attention to detail and quality output
- Commercial acumen with strong technical skills both resulting in logical solutions to new problems
Your background in the use of liability valuation tools (eg Prophet and DCS), SQL, SAS/R although not essential would be highly regarded
Our Business Unit
This means that the Pricing, Data and Risk Analytics team plays an important role in helping us to better understand the performance of the insurance portfolio, inform our risk assessment and enhance decision making across the value chain.
The investigations and insights team within the PDRA team is responsible for setting best estimate assumptions and investigating experience – both issues and opportunities – with the aim of driving business actions.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036