- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- Develop different skillsets
About the role
You enjoy working in a technical environment and with your strong analytical technical mindset your focus in this role is to develop and implement the compliance, risk and overall governance framework for the life insurance business.
You will be working with wider group of stakeholders both internally and externally such as regulators and industry bodies.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- In collaboration with Insurance business leaders and subject matter expert work on insurance governance issues and solutions
- Embed the AMP Risk Management Framework across the insurance business
- In junctions with ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) ensure that identified risks are managed and remediated by the business owner
- Work with ERM to manage the first line risk and control self-assessment programs
Apart from having a results driven attitude you will also possess an outstanding customer focus and above all be a collaborative team player.
More specifically what we also look for in you is your:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications
- A solid number of years’ experience within the financial services industry including deep understanding of regulatory environment and risk management
- Commercial acumen, problem solving and decisions making
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to draft board and management papers
- Ability to interpret and analyse relevant data to identify issues, trends and emerging problems in order to initiate actions and execution to tasks
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Prioritising and time management
Your experience in one or more of the following fields: compliance, risk, governance, or legal would be highly desirable
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
The Insurance business provides customers in Australia with death, total & permanent disability, trauma and disability income insurance. The Insurance Governance team is a newly created team that sits in Insurance Business Management. Its role is to provide governance services across the life insurance business
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.