About the role
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and coaching to a team of Investigative Analysts to ensure:
- The team is consistent in applying AMP policies to the review of ongoing service fees in client files;
- Clients who have not received services for which they have paid an ongoing service fee are identified for potential remediation,
- The policies and processes used to review client files continue to evolve to remain efficient, effective, and productive. The role is also responsible for ensuring that issues, trends, and themes are reported back to the Manager - Service Reviews.
The Team Leader is responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching the 10 Investigative Analysts to ensure consistency and accurate execution of the review of ongoing fees on client accounts, and reconciling these with services delivered by an AMP adviser:
· Motivate, coach and lead the team
· Manage the Review team workflow to ensure KPIs and regulatory requirements are met.
· Ensure that reporting / monitoring obligations are fulfilled
· Selected contact advisers to clarify service offerings or service delivery
· Support the broader Fee Remediation team in delivering an end to end review and remediation program that is valued by both our stakeholders.
· Develop the capabilities and effectiveness of direct reports using a management style that ensures harmony and overall effectiveness of the team
· Strong process skills to manage business performance; highlight problem areas and identify improvement actions
· Proven high level communication skills with advisers, both written and verbal, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across business units
· Developed management capability along with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands simultaneously
· Ability to manage to timeframes and standards, adherence to internal due diligence processes and record keeping
· The ability to set stretch targets for self-improvement and constantly seek new and innovative ways of doing things.
Skills & experience
· 2 years of team leadership experience
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, situational awareness, and emotional intelligence with a natural ability to appropriately adapt personal and leadership styles to maximise influence of situations
· High degree of demonstrated integrity and business ethics
· Contact with advisers, understanding of the process of advice and ongoing service delivery to clients
· Industry or Tertiary qualifications in related legal, economics, financial planning, or business discipline valued but not mandatory.
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, social club, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.